The Crestmont Homeowner’s Association is having a Movie in the Park event. Here is their poster. Note the change of location to the Crestmont West park…
Robert Herritt of Styro-Go shows off just how compressed styrofoam can get. (Madeleine Cummings/CBC)
Did you know that styrofoam can be recycled? Your Crestmont Community Association wants you to save up your styrofoam, along with all the other things that are outside of the City of Calgary recycling program for the first ever Crestmont Recycling Day!
Join us at the Crestmont Hall on August 30th from 11:00am until 2:00pm along with some incredible Calgary businesses that specialize in keeping recyclable materials out of the landfills.
Stay tuned for more information as the date gets closer, but here are some of the items that we will be collecting:
- Styrofoam (confirmed) StyroGo
- Paint (confirmed) CCA via Spy Hill Landfill
- Bottles (confirmed) CCA
- Metal (confirmed) Navajo Metals
- Electronics (confirmed) Quantum Lifecycle (formerly GEEP)
- Child Car Seats (confirmed cost $15/seat) Re-Matt
- Clothing & Household Donations (confirmed) WINS
- Tires (confirmed) CCA via Spy Hill Landfill
- Mattresses (confirmed cost $20/mattress) Re-Matt
* It is crucial that you understand what can and can not be accepted at the Crestmont Recycle Day event. YOU CANNOT BRING:
- Compost Material or Green Cart Items
- Plastic, Cardboard or other Blue Cart Items
- Ammunition, guns, and knives
- Baby / Children’s equipment – cribs, cradles, bassinets, high chairs, swings, bath seats or bath rings, baby walkers, booster seats, strollers or carriages, playpens, and safety gates.
- Gas Powered lawn mowers and trimmers
- Pianos or large organs
- Plastic goods with P7 Code
- Toiletries that have been opened (shampoo, lotions, etc.)
- Used helmets (ski, hockey, bicycle or in-line)
- Used plastic storage ware or canning jars
- VHS, 8 track tapes, cassettes tapes
- Fluorescent light bulbs & tubes
* Vendors have specific lists of what they can and can not accept as well. Please observe the following lists before you show up on recycling day:
Here is a list of items that the Women In Need Society is and is not accepting
Here is a list of items that Navajo Metals will not accept
If you are interested in volunteering to help us put on this event, please reach out.
Watch here on the CCA website for more details as we finalize them.
Don’t waste your time at the shopping mall looking for Christmas presents. Especially when you can just come down to the Crestmont Community Centre for your Community Association’s annual Crestmont Christmas Market.
There are wonderful one-of-a-kind handmade gifts that will be perfect for anyone on your list and you will be helping out local businesses instead of the commercial big box stores.
This coming weekend on Saturday November 16th (10am – 5pm) & Sunday November 17 (10am – 4pm). The Crestmont Hall is located at: 12400 Crestmont Blvd SW, Calgary. For more information, please visit our market page: http://crestmontcommunity.org/events-calendar/crestmont-christmas-market/
SUNDAY September 15th 9:00am – 1:30pm
Hey Everyone, it is that time of year again where we all get together and clean up our communities. This is a great opportunity for all of us to clean up our garages and yards and also help out by cleaning up the green spaces around our communities. We will have garbage bags, gloves and pick-up sticks available for everyone to use. Please grab your family and come down to help out. We live in beautiful communities and it is up to us all to keep them clean and tidy.
Just a few important details…
What we can take:
- Typical garbage
- Yard waste
What we CANNOT take:
- Propane and helium tanks
- Paint, fuels and chemicals
- Anything dangerous.
If you have any paint or chemicals you can take them to participating fire stations or landfill sites.
For household items and furniture, hang on to them and email us at email@example.com as we are arranging for a collection for those in need.
Please join us at the Crestmont Hall and please be careful and respectful to everyone!!!
NOON to 3pm TODAY (September 8th) at the Crestmont Hall (Around Back in the field)
Never mind the moisture in the sky, don’t let that dampen your spirits for the AMAZING and FABULOUS Crestmont Kids Day 2019! Come on down, we have lots of food and snacks and things to do for everyone.
Due to the rain, we can’t have the bouncy castles this year, but we have filled the afternoon with lots to see and do so please come on down. The event is FREE for Crestmont Community Association members and $10 / family for non-members. You can buy your membership online before coming down if you like.
If you have unique and interesting items for sale, or hand-made crafts, please consider being a vendor at the 2019 Crestmont Christmas Market. For more information, please visit: http://crestmontcommunity.org/events-calendar/crestmont-christmas-market/
The Crestmont Community Association invites you to join us or renew your membership before June 1, 2019 in order to be entered into a draw for a two-night stay from a selection of accomodations in Banff, a $100 gift card to The Keg, and two passes for the hot springs. The prize is co-sponsored by Scott Brayshaw, and Gerard Chiasson, your local Re/Max realtors.
Please join the CCA on June 1 for a pathway and greenspace cleanup. Bags, gloves, and wildflower seeds can be collected from 9-10am outside the doors of the community hall. All bags, once filled and tied, can be left near the brown bear bins located around the drainage pond for collection by the Parks Department.