Pet licensing brings pets home and helps to fund some shelter programs
Pet licenses are more than just a tag around pet’s neck, they are their ticket home if they are lost. Fees collected from licenses help many of the other animals who come into the shelter. Every week Animal Services takes in an average of 70 stray pets and 17 of those are returned to their owners the same day through the drive home program. In fact because of pet licensing, Calgary has the highest return to owner and lowest euthanization rates in North America. Beyond reuniting pets with their owners, licences help to fund emergency vet care for stray dogs and cats, no cost spay/neuter programs for eligible Calgarians and so much more. Visit Calgary.ca to learn more about how licensing can benefit you and your fur family.
Communications, Animal & Bylaw Services
The City of Calgary has completed its review of the proposed development for the eastern Paskapoo Slopes.
These information sessions are an opportunity for the public to view the proposal that Calgary Planning Commission (CPC) is recommending to Council and find out more information about the July 20, 2015 Public Hearing of Council.
Date: Wednesday, June 24, 2015
Location: Irish Cultural Society in Bowness,
6452 35 Ave N.W.
Time: Drop by any time between 6 to 8:30 p.m.
Date: Monday, June 29, 2015
Location: Calgary French and International School,
700 77 St. S.W.
Time: Drop by any time between 6 to 8:30 p.m.
On June 4, CPC approved the Outline Plan (with conditions) and is recommending that City Council approve the Land Use Amendment and Policy Amendment, once the terms of a special development agreement between the applicant and The City can be reached.
Further application details are available at calgary.ca/eastpaskapoo.
On June 14 2015 we are having our community yearly clean up.
We will be having two city garbage trucks and one organic truck along with metal and clothing recycling. The trucks will be in our parking lot at 12400 Crestmont Boulevard SW, Calgary, AB T3B 5W5 from 9:00am to 1:00pm.
We will also have hot dogs, Spolumbos, pop and coffee for all who help out cleaning up Crestmont. A very cool prize for the most garbage collected and a prize for the strangest item brought in will be awarded.
There will be a development update for the Trinity Hills project east of Canada Olympic Park
Wednesday April 1, 2015
6:00pm to 8:30pm
Calgary French & International School
700 – 77 Street SW
It is that time of year again for the Crestmont Community Association Annual General Meeting.
Join us on April 10th at 7:00pm at the Crestmont Hall for Refreshments and Appetizers, and bring your enthusiasm and support for the CCA.
Why not throw your hat into the ring and run for any of the open board positions.
All active CCA members are able to vote, so please come and join us.
Crestmont Community Association
Annual General Meeting
April 10th, 7:00pm – 10:00pm
Come one, come all to the Bowness Park reopening – “Ice-Breaker” on Saturday, February 07th , 11:00 am – 3:00 pm.
An invitation to attend and celebrate the re-opening of Bowness Park, after undergoing a major redevelopment from the 2013 flood and the 2014 fall snow storm . The 4 hour event is a public drop-in skating party with hot chocolate/coffee and light refreshments. The festivities are being organized in partnership with The City of Calgary Parks and the Bowness Community Association.
Food trucks will be on site serving light refreshments while supplies last for an estimate attendance of 750 people. Food will then be made available for purchase.
Horse drawn wagon rides have also been arranged, with the route being posted in the Park.
KidSport, a national not-for-profit organization will be on site lending out skates for those who require them, who either forgot them at home or do not own skates.
All the best to you and yours this magical Holiday Season
– The CCA Board
The Crestmont Community Association (CCA) cares about keeping our community informed. In efforts to increase our communications with residents of Crestmont, we are fundraising for a communication board. Our wish is to raise enough money for a permanent electronic sign in front of the hall that will allow us to communicate more effectively with the community. This will also save us hundreds of dollars a year in rental expenses that we currently pay to rent these signs.
The CCA has had the amazing opportunity to partner with one of the leading direct sellers on the market, Tupperware Brands, to kick off our first community fundraiser! This is a fantastic opportunity for you to do all your holiday shopping from the comforts of your home, and support your community at the same time.
“Seal Your Community Support” – CCA Fundraiser
You can help in three ways:
- Order some fantastic new Tupperware for yourself or to give away with the upcoming holiday season approaching! Remember – 40% of the sale will go directly back into the CCA! To place your order simply go to: http://order.tupperware.ca/pls/htprod_wwwcan/!twx$eparty_ctl.p_guest_welcome?pv_eparty=e12dd064022b93fb0434fda447f46913 In the pink bar along the top you will see “Welcome To The Crestmont Community Association Fundraiser” – click on “Shop This Fundraiser” and start shopping to support your community! Please note* Product Categories are listed along the left hand side of the page, and some categories have multiple pages listed at the bottom – don’t miss out on anything!!!
- Send an email to everyone that you know, spreading the word that we are holding a Tupperware Fundraiser. Please invite everyone that you know so we can make this Fundraiser as big of a success as we can! SHARE this link on your Facebook account with all your friends.
- Book a Tupperware Party ($20 will go to the CCA once you date & hold your party!) Please contact email@example.com or call 403.466.5257 to book your party.
WHY WE CHOSE TO PARTNER WITH TUPPERWARE…
- Unlike other fundraising opportunities, Tupperware gives back 40% off all sales to the organization!!! This is a great opportunity for everyone to win!
- Tupperware products are found in nearly every home across North America & around the world. Tupperware offers products that are non-perishable, long lasting & eco-friendly that go the distance towards protecting the environment, so you can actually feel extra-special about supporting this fundraiser. These durable, sustainable products also come with a LIFETIME WARRENTY – which means that if your Tupperware product chips, peels, cracks or breaks, Tupperware will replace it FREE as long as you own the product!
- There is something for every budget – prices start at only $8.00.
- Tupperware Fundraisers offer a large selection of products with items for everyone. Choose from 50 plus Tupperware products, including classic storage solutions, to on-the-go items, microwavable & dishwasher safe containers, serving, baking & cooking tools & so much more.
- By holding an TupperConnect Online Fundraiser with Tupperware, this enables us to raise funds from family & friends, both far & near! Upon purchase, items will be shipped directly, via Fedex, anywhere in Canada with a postal code! Your order will arrive in as little as two weeks from placing your order.
“WIN” BY SUPPORTING YOUR COMMUNITY FUNDRAISER…
We appreciate your support and want to “thank you” for jumping on board to support this community fundraiser. This is what you can win:
- Every $200 plus order (all orders placed on one order – pre tax) will be entered into a drawing for one $50 Tupperware Prize, donated by Whip It Up Tupperware Sales.
*The winner will be contacted 1 week following the close of this fundraiser. Fundraiser closes on Nov 27th.
If you have any questions regarding the Tupperware order or want to learn more about Fundraising for your organization, please contact Whip It Up Tupperware Sales at 403.466.5257 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
On behalf of the CCA, thank you in advance for “sealing” your community support by purchasing Tupperware products!
Your CCA & Whip It Up Tupperware Sales