Come one, come all to the Bowness Park reopening – “Ice-Breaker” on Saturday, February 07th , 11:00 am – 3:00 pm.
An invitation to attend and celebrate the re-opening of Bowness Park, after undergoing a major redevelopment from the 2013 flood and the 2014 fall snow storm . The 4 hour event is a public drop-in skating party with hot chocolate/coffee and light refreshments. The festivities are being organized in partnership with The City of Calgary Parks and the Bowness Community Association.
Food trucks will be on site serving light refreshments while supplies last for an estimate attendance of 750 people. Food will then be made available for purchase.
Horse drawn wagon rides have also been arranged, with the route being posted in the Park.
KidSport, a national not-for-profit organization will be on site lending out skates for those who require them, who either forgot them at home or do not own skates.
All the best to you and yours this magical Holiday Season
- The CCA Board
The Crestmont Community Association (CCA) cares about keeping our community informed. In efforts to increase our communications with residents of Crestmont, we are fundraising for a communication board. Our wish is to raise enough money for a permanent electronic sign in front of the hall that will allow us to communicate more effectively with the community. This will also save us hundreds of dollars a year in rental expenses that we currently pay to rent these signs.
The CCA has had the amazing opportunity to partner with one of the leading direct sellers on the market, Tupperware Brands, to kick off our first community fundraiser! This is a fantastic opportunity for you to do all your holiday shopping from the comforts of your home, and support your community at the same time.
“Seal Your Community Support” – CCA Fundraiser
You can help in three ways:
- Order some fantastic new Tupperware for yourself or to give away with the upcoming holiday season approaching! Remember – 40% of the sale will go directly back into the CCA! To place your order simply go to: http://order.tupperware.ca/pls/htprod_wwwcan/!twx$eparty_ctl.p_guest_welcome?pv_eparty=e12dd064022b93fb0434fda447f46913 In the pink bar along the top you will see “Welcome To The Crestmont Community Association Fundraiser” – click on “Shop This Fundraiser” and start shopping to support your community! Please note* Product Categories are listed along the left hand side of the page, and some categories have multiple pages listed at the bottom – don’t miss out on anything!!!
- Send an email to everyone that you know, spreading the word that we are holding a Tupperware Fundraiser. Please invite everyone that you know so we can make this Fundraiser as big of a success as we can! SHARE this link on your Facebook account with all your friends.
- Book a Tupperware Party ($20 will go to the CCA once you date & hold your party!) Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 403.466.5257 to book your party.
WHY WE CHOSE TO PARTNER WITH TUPPERWARE…
- Unlike other fundraising opportunities, Tupperware gives back 40% off all sales to the organization!!! This is a great opportunity for everyone to win!
- Tupperware products are found in nearly every home across North America & around the world. Tupperware offers products that are non-perishable, long lasting & eco-friendly that go the distance towards protecting the environment, so you can actually feel extra-special about supporting this fundraiser. These durable, sustainable products also come with a LIFETIME WARRENTY – which means that if your Tupperware product chips, peels, cracks or breaks, Tupperware will replace it FREE as long as you own the product!
- There is something for every budget – prices start at only $8.00.
- Tupperware Fundraisers offer a large selection of products with items for everyone. Choose from 50 plus Tupperware products, including classic storage solutions, to on-the-go items, microwavable & dishwasher safe containers, serving, baking & cooking tools & so much more.
- By holding an TupperConnect Online Fundraiser with Tupperware, this enables us to raise funds from family & friends, both far & near! Upon purchase, items will be shipped directly, via Fedex, anywhere in Canada with a postal code! Your order will arrive in as little as two weeks from placing your order.
“WIN” BY SUPPORTING YOUR COMMUNITY FUNDRAISER…
We appreciate your support and want to “thank you” for jumping on board to support this community fundraiser. This is what you can win:
- Every $200 plus order (all orders placed on one order – pre tax) will be entered into a drawing for one $50 Tupperware Prize, donated by Whip It Up Tupperware Sales.
*The winner will be contacted 1 week following the close of this fundraiser. Fundraiser closes on Nov 27th.
If you have any questions regarding the Tupperware order or want to learn more about Fundraising for your organization, please contact Whip It Up Tupperware Sales at 403.466.5257 or email@example.com .
On behalf of the CCA, thank you in advance for “sealing” your community support by purchasing Tupperware products!
Your CCA & Whip It Up Tupperware Sales
Qualico Communities wants to hear from you. Please review our proposed plans for future development of the lands west of Crestmont and complete the survey to win Dinner at Notable the Restaurant.
Hello Crestmont community, we are expecting more neighbors as the Crestmont West development plans continues along its way. What does this mean for you?
Nothing right now, it will be likely 2018 before we see the first houses in West Crestmont, although much work can occur before this time. Completion of this development is expected 3-5 years after commencement.
On October 18th during Qualico’s town hall meeting we learned the planned community garden will not be ready until 2018 so we are investigating other community garden opportunities. Also, in the plan are tobogganing hills in the park area. Do you and your family want toboggan hills? The plans use to have water fountains in this large park area. Please let us know your feedback, share with us your comments on Facebook or send us an email. It’s very important we hear from you because we have the opportunity to influence these plans to get what we want.
There are currently 473 homes in Crestmont as per the 2014 census. The new development will add 517 new homes. Even with Crestmont’s future planned expansion, we will continue to be a unique community holding one of the smallest community populations. Crestmont community’s current population is only around 1,379.
Stay tuned for more. The Calgary West ASP will anticipate going to Calgary Planning Commission in November, likely the 20th and a Council public hearing in January 2015.
Want to find out more about development? Join us on November 20th at 8pm at the hall, for our next CCA meeting. Your vote counts!
In case you have been living under a rock, TODAY (October 25th, 2014) is the Crestmont Community Association’s annual Kids Halloween Party at the Crestmont Hall.
The event runs from 1pm – 4pm and there will be games, contests, prizes and snacks.
Bring the little boos and gouls out for some spooky Halloween fun.
The Crestmont Hall was vandalized on October 17th likely sometime after 11:30pm. This activity has been reported to the police. There was significant damage done. The concrete garbage bin was thrown off the side of parking lot near the rink. There were several large concrete blocks broken all over in the parking lot causing a serious safety risk. I myself almost crashed into them in the parking lot this afternoon at 1:30pm. Also a concrete sewer grate was stolen and a garbage bin had to be stuffed in there for now. Please take caution in the parking lot!
We need to be on the watch for any suspicious behavior and please report it by calling the non-emergency line at 403-266-1234.
The last reported crime that we are aware of happened on October 9th, where a laptop and sunglasses were taken from a car. This activity was reported. Thank you to the neighbor who informed us of this!
We need to report these crimes, so that the police can identify patterns and better direct patrols.
Please pass this info along and let’s put a stop to the crime in our neighborhood!
Remember in emergencies or crimes in progress CALL 9-1-1
If your vehicle has been broken into and property has been stolen please report this using the police online system: http://www.calgary.ca/cps/
Qualico invites you to the Crestmont Community Town Hall meeting on Saturday, October 18 from 2:00pm to 4:00pm.
The purpose of this meeting is a presentation and discussion on Qualico’s plans for future development of the lands west of Crestmont.
The meeting will take place at the Crestmont Hall.